Tuesday, August 26, 2014

It's that time again!

The Canadian Team Trials and Precision Aerobatics Category Nationals takes place this coming weekend.

Three team members along with one Junior will be selected to represent Canada in the 2015 FAI F3A World Championships in Switzerland next August.  The host club is the Stampede City Radio Control Club and full details are available on their website at www.scrcmc.ca

You can download the event bulletin at members.shaw.ca/patternwestnews/patternwestnews/Events.html and scroll down to this event. Event Sanction is at http://www.maac.ca/events/event_details.php?eid=4551

15:00 local... I am just loading up the truck and heading to the flat lands as I type this... well almost!


I will stay in the lower mainland with friends tonight and then make my way out in the early morning.  This will chop about 3 hours off my trip east and get me to the field around 7:30 PM local time in Calgary... I hope :-) I'll update later as I set sail on the BC Ferries and time permits!..... 
 
Boarding the 5 pm steel canoe for the 1:35 ride to the mainland.

The first stage of my trip is now complete as I set the alarm for the early get up. I have been in touch with John and Gloria Maher who will be providing on site accommodations for myself and fellow pilot Ron Kennedy. Ya I get the couch in the Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel but I will take it!! :-)  They kindly offered up the use of their RV unit at the Kamloops contest back in June... now that's Alberta hospitality!!

Ethan and Colin Chariandy should be arriving Wednesday as well as Pat & Hartley Hughson. Michi & Lyan left last Saturday from Victoria and I am sure he has been practicing these past few days :-)

I will update on the road tomorrow when I "hit" a rest stop. 

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Dave
    I will be following your adventures. Great job on the blog! Very best to everyone there from all the flyers here in Northern California.
    Bob Obregon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob! I will pass along your best wishes from the NorCal gang!

    ReplyDelete